It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It was the best of times because there are these comfortable things called leggings that we get to wear. It is the worst of times because we have no idea what to wear with leggings. This confusion is due to the fact that leggings are neither pants nor tights, but are so comfortable that we want to find out all the different ways we can wear leggings and give a free makeover to our wardrobe.
Before revealing different ways to wear leggings that can lead to a self-propelled free makeover, we must agree on three very important rules:
Rule #1: Leggings are not pants so do not wear them as such.
Rule #2: Wear leggings with a top that is long enough to cover your derriere and cover our lady parts. If you don’t understand why this needs to be a rule, stop what you are doing and proceed to the nearest mall. Grab a seat at the food court. People watch for thirty minutes and then come back and finish the rest of this article. Resist the urge to give the people you saw a free makeover.
Rule #3: You do not talk about fight club. Sorry, is this an article about leggings? Then don’t forget the two rules about leggings and disregard the comment about fight club.
Taking into account the rules above, here are some items you can wear with leggings.
- High heel knee-high boots. Love this look. This is great for fall and winter. Just tuck your leggings into the boots.
- Long cardigan. You can throw on a long cardigan (over a long top). The cardigan can keep you warm and cozy and can offer a pop of color.
- Long T-shirt. Throw on a long T-shirt over your leggings. To prevent the outfit from looking sloppy accessorize well or pair with a stylish pair of shoes.
- A short dress. You can pair many summery dresses with leggings so that you wear the dress as a top instead of wearing it as a dress. This is essentially a free makeover for many of the dresses in your closet.
- Ballet flats. This goes great with a pair of capri leggings and a summery dress worn as a top. Be careful if your have really big calves and this look can make your legs look like tree trunks.
- Long tank top. This is great for summer. You can even layer the tank tops to bring in more colors.
- Long top and short jacket. Wear a long T-shirt or tank top and then layer on top of it a shorter jacket, so that the fabric of the shirt hangs out below the jacket.
- Boyfriend blazer. Wear an oversized men styled blazer over your top. Remember the jacket should be past your bottom.
- High top sneakers. This a little bit of a younger look, but a very hip way to wear the leggings.
- Chunky sweater. Great for fall and winter pair a long chunky sweater with leggings.
Originally introduced in the eighties, this time around the legging style seems to be lingering much longer and has proven to be a comfortable and versatile addition to our wardrobes.
Let us take full advantage this free makeover wardrobe item before it goes away and we are just left with the sweat pant, which does not go with any summer dresses.Try it, use it, but never abuse it.
Let us enjoy the era of the legging. Oh and one last thing, don’t tell anyone that we mentioned fight club.