As a wedding event planner, it is always fun to unexpectedly come across a wedding or special event being set up. Recently, I was traveling in Spain and our hotel had one of the most beautiful outdoor wedding locations I had ever seen. I saw that they were hosting this wedding using white wedding decor which of course sparked the idea for this blog that describes various wedding decorating ideas.
First let’s discuss outdoor wedding locations and why this site in particular stood out as one of the prettiest I have ever seen. Situated on the Mediterranean, the St. Regis Resort has a stunning view of the ocean from their large lawn where the wedding was held. They also have a path with bougainvillea archways that is beautiful for bride and groom pictures.
Other wonderful hotel features in respect to fabulous outdoor wedding locations is the grand patio where cocktails were held. This terrace is located just off of the main bar of the hotel and is beautifully furnished with outdoor furniture. Therefore, you can save some money and not bring in any of your own furniture.
Finally, as a wedding event planner, I felt completely at ease speaking with the catering department as they were setting up the event, and I got the sense that the hotel is very accommodating and understands the task at hand in making the wedding day special for the bride and groom. In addition, the food and service I experienced at the hotel were among the best I have had at any hotel.
Now for some wedding decorating ideas I picked up while watching the hotel set up the white wedding decor for this wedding.
* Use smaller tents and put them together creating individual spaces or rooms versus one large tent. Plus the bonus of using smaller tents is that you can leave off one corner and create an outside lounge or dancing area.
* Keep costs down with your lounge by using just votive candles on the coffee tables or simple white Cymbidium orchids in votive glasses.
As a wedding event planner, I really liked the idea that they used sand as filler for the flower vase instead of colored glass or rocks. This is a great white wedding decor idea incorporating the location with the wedding.
Other wedding decorating ideas include:
* Use different types of flowers and vases on the tables for an eclectic look and a contrasting color such as black for an accent color.
* Cover the chairs with white chair covers to give a clean and uniform style to the event.
* Bring in some fun decor pieces like these 2′ diameter-sized large round candle holders and intersperse them around the reception area.
I hope you found these wedding decorating ideas interesting and can possibly incorporate them with your white wedding decor. As I mentioned above, the hotel in Mardavall was spectacular and I would consider one of the prettiest outdoor wedding locations I have seen. Until next time, remember the Budget Bash mantra: make it simple, delicious, stylish, fun & economical to all!